This is where we like to try and answers common question we receive. If you don’t find your answer here please contact us.
- I am wanting to buy a flowering gum. Can you tell me how much they are and how much it would cost to freight it to me please.
Thanks for your enquiry. We are a wholesale nursery and only sell to retail and wholesale nurseries, flower growers, landscapers, individual non-nursery businesses, councils, box stores, Botanic Gardens. Please use the RETAIL OUTLETS link on the home page to find the nursery that we supply who is closest to you.
- What sort of soils do native plants like?
Native plants predominately favour well-drained soils. If the soil is heavy clay, it is recommended that the garden bed be raised for good root drainage.
- How frost hardy are ficifolias (flowering gums)?
Ficifolias tolerate light frost (-1 to -2) without protection once established. We don't recommend them for overly frosty areas although people do achieve success in frosty areas by planting them in protected sites eg against a north-facing wall.
- How often do native plants need watering?
Check individual plant requirements, for example, ferns will need more water than an eremophila that comes from a desert region.
- Where can I get Tarrawood stock from?
Please use the RETAIL OUTLETS link on the home page to find the nursery that we supply who is closest to you.
- Do you sell tubestock?
We do not sell tube stock. All our plants are sold in either 150 mm or 200 mm size pots. There are also various advanced plants available in 250 mm - 400 mm sizes.
- Do you have any job opportunities at Tarrawood Nursery?
Yes, from time to time we need extra staff. Check back to our News page for currernt positions vacant.
- Can I visit the nursery?
Yes, trade representatives may visit by prior arrangement. We do not offer nursery access to the general public.
- Do you sell any plants through mail order?
No, not at this stage. Unfortunately we can only dispatch plants through our normal freight companies.
- Do you export plants to any other countries?
No. We only sell to Australian outlets – we are not set up to export plants or plant material.